King Rat are a guitar/synth rock band from London.
King Rat have...
- had two tracks from their debut album featured in Trainspotting writer Irvine Welsh's directorial debut "Good Arrows", a feature length comedy film on ITV4 on 30th January 2009.
- supported Marillion, playing to a packed house, and received an amazing reception from their fans (many thought King Rat were the best support band they'd seen).
- played with The Feeling at Proud Camden and then with Alphabeat in the final of the national Intel Unsigned Band Competition
- supported Genesis and Stiltskin singer Ray Wilson.
- featured in a Samsung F400 radio & online ad campaign, in conjunction with Radio 1's Jo Whiley.
- just releases their new album 'forwards/backwards'
- self released three albums and an e.p.
- a video called 'Lightning in the Mind'
- been reviewed by the NME, who said: "If operatics are your thing, stick around... When they take the Muse template down a dark, dance-rock alley they sound truly menacing."
Angus Hastie - lead vocal, guitar
Matt De Bono - lead guitar, backing vocal
Sara Wax - keyboard
Chris McNally - bass guitar
Garry Cappuccini - drums, backing vocal
Radiohead, Jeff Buckley, Led Zeppelin, Queen, Pink Floyd.
"If operatics are your thing, stick around... When they take the Muse template down a dark, dance-rock alley they sound truly menacing." (NME)
"And now the night. The glorious arc. The Kings Head. The
courtyard. The spirits flowed. "King Rat" was playing. Perfect.
A great band whose singer is a genuine star. They asked to support
me on tour but it had already gone. (Next year guys ;-) ). Their
set was perfect for the after show. No Quarter was
wonderful." (Fish, ex-Marillion, Aylesbury Showcase 2007)
“They obviously know a thing or two about penning songs...very
catchy melodies…It would be nice to hear more of this band
in a signed sense." (Making Music)
"Well produced and professional... you can't fail " (BBC
Radio 1's Rob
King Rat on the radio
Following King Rat's successful Midlands tour, the band appeared
on the BBC Hereford & Worcester
Friday Session. The band were also interviewed on a previous
Session, and had an article written about them in the Worcester
Listen to the BBC
London interview with keyboard rat Sara, aired on the JoAnne
Good show on BBC London radio 94.9fm.
King Rat recently featured in Samsung's
nationwide ad campaign, played on XFM in London and independent radio stations across the UK. Listen
to the radio ad featuring King Rat and Jo
Whiley. The band have also been playlisted on a number of British and international radio
King Rat have built up a strong following on the London circuit
playing venues such as The Islington Academy, Clapham Grand, Bull & Gate, The Garage, Underworld, Dublin Castle, Monto Water Rats,
West OneFour and the Halfmoon Putney, and have recently supported The Feeling, Marillion and Ray Wilson (Stiltskin / Genesis), and appeared alongside Fish at the Aylesbury Showcase Hobble on the Cobbles. King Rat are in the final of the Intel Unsigned Band Competition on 3 December.
Visit the gigs page for details of where
to catch them live next.
King Rat have just released their third album forwards/backwards. All three are still available; contact
us to get your copies.